Sunday, January 3, 2016

Stacking the Shelves {139}


Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews where we get to share the books we've bought, been gifted, or received for review!

How was everybody's year? It's been so long since I've been around that I feel like I should ask! Mine was my regular, rather uneventful time. I worked and read... And that's kind of it! Not having blogging was odd, but definitely relaxing. I'm going to be more laid back in how I do blogging from now on--not pressuring myself to post 6 days a week, but instead making sure I'm more social and reaching out much more than I have in the post. Hopefully I can handle it! :D


And because it's been so long since I've done a STS, there's a huge amount of books to share! Woo! This is largely because HarperCollins uploaded a bunch on Edelweiss, and I never have much self control with that, and because we had our employee appreciation days at work, where I bought a lot more books than I normally do since I get the extra discount! Here we go!

Purchased:



Dreamer's Pool by Juliet Marillier
Ruin & Rising by Leigh Bardugo
The Golden Compass: 20th Anniversary Edition by Philip Pullman
Their Fractured Light by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner
Outlander by Diana Gabaldon (signed)
Why Not Me? by Mindy Kaling (signed)
Longbourn by Jo Baker
The Museum of Extraordinary Things by Alice Hoffman
Ten Thousand Skies Above You by Claudia Gray
The Immortal Heights by Sherry Thomas
Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernow
Brooklyn by Colm Toibin
Venom by Fiona Paul

For review:



Ruined by Amy Tintera
A Walk in the Sun by Michelle Zink
Even If the Sky Falls by Mia Garcia


Traitor Angels by Anne Blankman
Wanderlost by Jen Malone
Spark by Holly Schindler


This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab
My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, & Jodi Meadows


The Crown's Game by Evelyn Skye
Remembrance by Meg Cabot

Traded:



Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton
Passenger by Alexandra Bracken
Truthwitch by Susan Dennard

A recap of the week here on Paper Cuts:
There's been no action on here for weeks, except! 2015 End of Year Book Survey!

Books I read this week:
Brooklyn by Colm Toibin
Forever Your Earl by Eva Leigh

I'm currently reading:
Worlds of Ink and Shadow by Lena Coakley

So that's been my week! Whew! That was a lot of links. And I actually realized I missed a couple that I bought, including some really cool Disney-oriented books and the illustrated Harry Potter, Buuut, I realized that rather late and am way too lazy. Maybe I'll show them next week, maybe not. :) Have a lovely Sunday and a fabulous week!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for Their Fractured Light and My Lady Jane, which looks amazing! Just got my copy Truthwitch from Amazon today. Hoping it's a fabulous read. :)

    ReplyDelete