Thursday, August 14, 2014

Let's Talk About... The Dreaded Book Hangover

It's time.

Why do I say that? You see, I'm not really one to get book hangovers. No matter how much I love a book, I don't often find it hard to move on to the next one and be happy to be doing so. I'll still love that book and think about it often, but it generally can't ruin other books for me.

Well, it's happened. And it's all Outlander's fault.


I can't explain how much I loved that book, y'all. I loved the setting (I mean, who can't be enchanted by Scotland?) I loved the history. I loved the humor. I loved the characters. I loved the story. I could go on and on. My parents, who have weathered the majority of my obsession, since they're around, are absolutely tired of hearing me talk about things related to Outlander, whether it be the book itself, the tv show, or the next book in the series. (Also, drooling, because Sam Heughan as Jamie? Perfection.)


Alas, now I'm kind of ruined for anything else. I'm reading other books, but it's slow and rather laborious. I've read one full book since I finished a week ago. I should have read at least three. My little heart just wants more Claire and Jamie, and these books are not offering it. I'm hoping having the tv show and some distance will help (and it has, though it's being gosh darn slow about it!).

How do you deal with a book hangover? Power through, or wallow about till it's gone? I'm powering through right now, though it's not working all that well.

I also might listen to the theme music/watch the opening credits over and over again... I might.


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you fell in love with Outlander!!! It's soooo good right?! And Jamie.... Unf. So good looking in the book and the show. *Swoon* I'm still reading the second one. I've been so busy that I've had to read other books while I read the second one, and it's torture let me tell you! Plus moving... that puts a damper on anything reading related. BUt yay for a new fan! I'm so happy you liked the book! :)

    ReplyDelete