Saturday, September 22, 2012

Music to Read To... Or Not??

I know a lot of people have differing opinions on music, and really sounds in general, while they read. Personally, I can almost never read if there is a conversation going on around me or if the tv is on--unless it's sports. But, I can tolerate any and all music. In fact, a lot of time I find that the right music makes my reading experience more dynamic. Different types of books and/or scenes call for different kinds of music. I even have a playlist in my iTunes entitled "How to Read a Book". Most of it is from movie soundtracks, but there are a few other things as well. Here are a few things I keep on repeat for while I'm reading:

For epic battle scenes:


The Battle from The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, composed by Harry Gregson-Williams

Guardians at the Gate, by Audiomachine

For a romantic scene or happy ending:


Tristan & Yvaine from Stardust, composed by Ilan Eshkeri

Your Hands Are Cold from Pride & Prejudice (2005), composed by Dario Marianelli

For basically any part of a good dystopian:

Shelter by Greenwheel

What Shall We Die For from Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, composed by Hans Zimmer

So that's just a teeny tiny little bit of what I listen to when I read. If you'd like to know more, just ask! I love sharing, it's actually kind of sad. I'd also love to know your opinions on music while you read and/or what you listen to when you read! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment